Are you looking to your interactive read-aloud? These lesson plans and activities will engage your learners and build confidence as a teacher. Use these reading comprehension, grammar, science, and math lessons as SUB PLANS, or simply take a break from your standard curriculum and enjoy Truman!
Do you need sub plans? Print the lesson plans and activities to leave for your substitute teacher. There are plenty of activities to fill their day!
Here’s What is Included in Rock The Read-Aloud for Truman:
- Lesson Plans for Before, During, and After Reading
- Pre-reading journal writing to build upon schema with schema poster and The Perfect Pet for Me journal writing pages
- Book Questions for Before, During, and After Reading
- Vocabulary Picture and Word Cards for 5 Vocabulary Words
- Vocabulary Printable
- Making Inferences Poster and Printable
- Character Traits Anchor Chart, Poster, and Printable
- Directed Drawing of Truman the Tortoise with writing pages
- Informational Text for The Truth About Tortoises
- Student Reader for The Truth About Tortoises (shortened version of nonfiction reader)
- Tortoise Fact Finding Printable
- Tortoise Craft and Fact Finding Booklet
- Life Cycle of a Tortoise Printable
- Focus Posters for Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives
- Parts of Speech Sort
- Find the Verbs in Sentences
- Truman’s Snaps (Adjective Printable)
*Each Math Activity has 5 options based on the needs of your students)
- Truman’s Treasures: Word Problems (5 options)
- Traveling Turtles (5 Options) – Spin Even and Odd Numbers Partner Game
- Help Truman Get to School (5 Options) – Put Numbers in Order from Least to Greatest
*Writing Pages are included with different writing line options.
I hope you enjoy this resource! Please note:
This is not a Rooted in Reading resource. While it shares some of the fundamental principals that are true to Rooted in Reading, this is a new product.
Rock the Read-Aloud focuses on one read-aloud with activities for comprehension, journal writing, grammar, vocabulary, science integration, and math. It is NOT a week of lesson plans, but it does have lesson plans included for everything!
This would be great to pull out as a supplement to your curriculum, for a fun Friday, to break the routine, or to leave for a sub!