Also included in:
Rooted in Reading: Special Editions BUNDLE
Let your students know an important rule for back-to-school, We Don’t Eat Our Classmates! These engaging reading activities for this book are differentiated for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grade. Add fun to your ELA lesson plans at the beginning of the year or whenever you need it most! Everything you need for a full week of ELA instruction is included.
This reading unit is a companion pack to the book We Don’t Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins. It is a fun and engaging story about a dinosaur who is nervous to start school. She walks into the classroom to find that all of her classmates are children… and boy are they tasty! Penelope learns throughout the story that it is more important to have friends than a snack!
**Be sure to check out the preview to see the different activities.**
Here’s what is included:
PLEASE NOTE: *The book We Don’t Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins needs to be purchased for this unit.
*Skills: Analyzing Illustrations, Describing Characters, Character Traits, Vocabulary, Subjects, and Verbs
- 5 Days of Lesson Plans for Reading, Vocabulary, and Grammar
- Comprehension Lesson Tips
- Picture Examples of all Activities
- Reading Comprehension Question Stems
- Thinking About Reading Writing Prompts (2 Options)
- Digital Posters for Analyzing Illustrations, Describing the Character, Main Character)
- Main Character and Problem Flap-Up
- Analyzing Illustrations Printable
- Describing Main Character in BME Flap-Ups
- Classroom Pets Flap-Ups
- Fiction Passage (2 Options): Playground Nerves, Reading Comprehension
- Nonfiction Passage (2 Options): Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Comprehension Check for the story with Answer Key
- Anchor Chart for Describing the Main Character: 3 Options for different levels
- Dinosaur Craft and Writing Pages (several options for differentiation)
- Nonfiction Reader: Classroom Pets
- Nonfiction Response: Classroom Pet Flap-Ups
- Anchor Chart for Classroom Pets: Identifying Facts from the story
- Directed Drawing: Goldfish with Writing Pages (several options for differentiation)
- Vocabulary Cards
- Vocabulary Picture Cards
- Vocabulary Prompts
- Vocabulary Match It Up!
- Vocabulary Assessments: Three Options for Differentiation
- Daily Deep Dive with a Mentor Sentence: Two Options for Differentiation
- Grammar Activities for Subjects and Verbs OR Subject/Verb Agreement:
- Digital Posters: Subjects, Verbs, Subject/Verb Agreement
- Student Work: Creating Sentences and Identifying Subjects and Verbs
- Student Work: Creating Sentences with Subject Verb Agreement
- Student Work: Sort it Out! Subjects and Verbs
- Student Work: Sort it Out! Correct and Incorrect Subject Verb Agreement
- Student Work: Subject or Verb Scoot
- Student Work: Subjects and Verbs Scoot
- Student Work: Match a Verb
- Student Work: Which Verb?
- Student Work: Subject and Verb Assessment
- Student Work: Subject-Verb Agreement Assessment
There are no reviews yet.