When teaching place value in 2nd grade, worksheets simply aren’t engaging or exciting enough for students! Our place value unit includes everything you need from place value games and charts to mini-lessons, crafts, and printables so your lessons are both fun AND informative. With this unit, you have four full weeks of done-for-you instruction.
Each day includes a word problem, minilesson, activity, and interactive notebook entry.
Unit 1 focuses on
- Place Value: 2, 3, and 4 digit numbers (up to 999 for CC, up to 1,200 for TEKS)
- Comparing and Ordering Numbers
- 100s Chart
- Even and Odd
- Skip Counting
Here is what is included in this month-long unit for 2nd grade:
- Daily Lesson Plans for 20 days
- Aligned with the 2nd Grade Common Core and TEKS
- 20 Word Problems for each day that compliment the skills
- Interactive Notebook Printables
- Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
- Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
- Vocabulary Cards
- I Can Statements
- Differentiated Printables to meet the needs of your students
- Math Tools and Printables
- Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Here’s a closer look at what is inside! Check out the preview to see pictures of ALL activities included!
Week One: Intro to Numbers
- Hundreds Chart Pattern Hunt
- Building a Hundreds Chart
- Puzzled to Pieces 100s Chart
- Counting by 5s and 10s on a 100s Chart
- Skip Counting by 5s and 10s Puzzles
- Race to 100 with Skip Counting by 2s
- Interactive Notebook: Skip Counting by 2s Strips
- M”ODD”ster or Even Monsters
- Odd and Even Tens Frames
- The M”ODD”ster Factory
- Odd or Even Spin and Build
- Spin and Build Interactive Notebooks
- Monster Walk with Odd and Even
- Cookie Monster Odd and Even
Week Two: Place Value to 999
- Creating Numbers with Base Ten Blocks
- Place Value Tents
- Place Value Trees
- Place Value Match
- Place Value Spin
- Place Value Flaps
- Building 3-Digit Numbers
- SWAT It! Place Value
- The Count is On!
- Place Value Display
- Place Value Octopus
- Number Analyzer Interactive Notebooks
- Place Value Anchor Chart
- Place Value Park It!
- Place Value to 999 Assessment
Week Three: Place Value to 1,200 OR Place Value to 999
- Place Value Mats and Blocks
- What’s the Number? SCOOT
- What’s the Value?
- Expanded Form Anchor Chart
- Expandable Snake
- Number Stretch Interactive Notebooks
- Place Value Pick a Stick!
- Odd and Even Flip
- Place Value Number Muncher
- Place Value Spin Interactive Notebook
- Cover a Number!
- Stuff the Pockets: Place Value with Odd and Even
- Place Value #2 Assessment
Week Four: Comparing and Ordering Numbers
- Comparing Numbers Pocket Chart Activity
- Roll and Compare
- Comparing Symbols
- I Can Compare Numbers Interactive Notebooks
- Comparing and Ordering Numbers Anchor Chart
- Compare and Cover Game
- Looking Closely at Comparing Sort
- Ordering Numbers from Least to Greatest on Yarn
- Deal It! Comparing Numbers
- Order Up! Ordering Numbers Ice Cream Cone
- Ordering Numbers True and False Pocket Chart
- Ordering Numbers Snail
- A Sour Order or Sweet Order?
- It’s War! Comparing Numbers Game
- Ordering Numbers from Least to Greatest and Greatest to Least
-What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problems, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries for four weeks at a time. If you don’t have time for it all, that’s okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
-Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all-new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copied/pasted from things we have previously made.
-What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
-WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead, we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
-Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out our other units:
2nd Grade Magic of Math BUNDLE
Unit 1: Place Value
Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction
Unit 3: Geometry and Fractions
Unit 4: 2 and 3 Digit Regrouping
Unit 5: Money and Personal Financial Literacy
Unit 6: Measurement
Unit 7: Time
Unit 8: Graphs and Data
Unit 9: Multiplication and Division
Unit 10: Unknown Numbers, 10 & 100 More/Less
For Third Grade Math Units Click HERE