The Magic Of Math Unit 7 for SECOND GRADE focuses on:
Week 1: Telling Time to the Quarter Hour and Five Minutes, Intro to Time, AM/PM
Week 2: Telling Time to the Five Minutes and Nearest Minute- activities are differentiated based on if you teach to the five minutes or nearest minute so that everyone can use all activities included.
Here is what is included in this two week long unit for 2nd grade:
-Daily Lesson Plans for 10 days
-Aligned with the 2nd Grade Common Core and TEKS
-10 Word Problems for each day that complement the skills
-Interactive Notebook Printables
-Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
-Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
-I Can Statements
-Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Want a Closer Look? Here are some (not all!) activities included:
– Hula Hoop Clock Materials
– Activities for Quarter Past, Quarter To, Half Past
– AM and PM activities
– Watch It! Students make a watch and play game
– Quarter To and Quarter Past Clocks
– Clock Template for counting by 5s around the clock
– Time Match
– Musical Time
– Roll! Read! Write! Time Game
– Time to the Five Minutes Flap Ups
– Headbandz with Time
– Time Kaboom
– Time Quiz
– Alarm Clock Craft for practicing counting by 5s
– I’ve Got You Covered Time Game
– Large Clock for Whole Group Lessons
– A Day in the Life Time Booklet
– Daily Activities Flap Ups for am/pm
– Time to the minute and time to the nearest five minute whole group cards
– Time Scoot (time to the minute, and time to the nearest minute)
– Ordering Time
– Drawing Hands Minilesson
– Rock Around the Clock (nearest minute and nearest five minute lessons)
– Sort the Clocks Flap Ups (nearest minute and nearest five minutes)
– Time BINGO (time to the nearest minute and nearest five minutes)
– Race to Midnight
– Time Assessment (two versions- nearest minute and nearest five minutes)
-What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problem, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries. If you don’t have time for it all, that’s okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
-Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
-What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
-WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
-Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out our other units:
2nd Grade Magic of Math BUNDLE
Unit 1: Place Value
Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction
Unit 3: Geometry and Fractions
Unit 4: 2 and 3 Digit Regrouping
Unit 5: Money and Personal Financial Literacy
Unit 6: Measurement
Unit 7: Time
Unit 8: Graphs and Data
Unit 9: Multiplication and Division
Unit 10: Unknown Numbers, 10 & 100 More/Less
For Third Grade Math Units Click HERE