Also included in:
Rooted in Reading: Special Editions BUNDLE
Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright is a wonderful story for the winter season. It is an entertaining story about a snowman who wants to warm up, but he keeps on melting@ This unit encompasses everything you need for a week of Reading instruction (Comprehension, Nonfiction Connection, and Vocabulary). Check out the preview to see the different activities we have included.
The best part?! This teaching resource is DIGITAL and PRINTABLE! That means it can be used in a traditional classroom or for distance learning. All of the activities are provided in a printable PDF or digitally in Seesaw, Google Slides, and PowerPoint.
Here’s what is included:
PLEASE NOTE: *Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright needs to be purchased for this unit OR you can use the read aloud video we include in the unit.
*Skills: Story Structure, Cause and Effect, Repetition
– 5 Days of Lesson Plans for Reading and Vocabulary
– Teaching Videos: Read Aloud
– Picture Examples of all Activities
– Reading Comprehension Question Stems
– Digital Posters for: Story Structure, Cause and Effect, Repetition
– Story Structure Graphic Organizer
– Cause and Effect Anchor Chart (digital and printable)
– Cause and Effect Printable
– Repetition Printable
– Fiction Passage
– Nonfiction Passage
– Comprehension Check for the story
– Melting Snowman Directed Drawing and Writing Pages
– Nonfiction Reader: Will I Have a White Winter?
– Anchor Chart for recording temperatures and information
– Reading Response Craft: Sneezy BME Booklet
– Vocabulary Picture Cards
– Vocabulary Prompts
– Vocabulary Match It!
– Vocabulary Words in Sentences
– Vocabulary Assessment: Match word to picture
– Daily Deep Dive with Mentor Sentence
Please Note: This Digital and Printable Rooted in Reading resource does not include grammar like our typical units. For this digital resource we focused on Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Nonfiction Connection
Power Point Users: There are 4 files that you can simply open up and use… or add them to your Google Account/Platform of choice
SEESAW Users: These activities are preloaded. With just a click (that is provided) you can save and assign the activities
GOOGLE Users: You can download the files directed to your Google account with just the click of a button! Or you can manually add the PowerPoints if you prefer that!
Please Note: For the digital files on Google Slides, Seesaw, and PowerPoint, we have grouped them into 4 files: 1. Comprehension Activities 2. Vocabulary Activities 3. Reading Response with Craft and Directed Drawing 4. Nonfiction Reader and Response