If you saw my post last week, you know that I love making ornaments with kids. I just cherish ornaments that my kids have made over the years, so I am sure other parents do as well!
Last week we made Ribbon Christmas Trees (as seen below). You can find all the info on those by clicking HERE! This week I’m going to show you the bear ornaments that we made out of wooden discs. I found this idea from Michaels through Pinterest and thought they were just too cute!
Materials Needed for DIY Bear Ornament
- Wooden Discs
- White Paint
- Black Poms
- Brown and White Felt or Cardstock
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue
Since this project requires hot glue, it was perfect for just making it with my kids at home. Sometimes making ornaments that require hot glue can be overwhelming in a large group…. it always seems like everyone needs you at once, ha! Or you may want to try glue dots. Those can be very helpful for projects such as these.
How To Make:
- Cut out the ears and snout from the felt or cardstock. We used felt and we just freehanded it! We also cut out inner ears to layer over the brown felt.
- Use white paint to paint one side of the disc. You can cover the entire side or leave a little wood showing like I did. My kids covered the entire disc!
- Using hot glue, glue on the eyes, snout, and pom for the nose.
- Use white paint to make a smile.
- Use hot glue to add a bow or bowtie.
Add a Tag
After everything dried, We taped the ornament to a tag so that they could be gifted. Of course we added “Have BEARY Merry Christmas!” to the tags!
After making one set, my kiddos wanted to keep on going, so they made a set for their grandparents that they aren’t able to see right now. Israel decided to make a black bear which I thought was so fun! You can grab both the Christmas and the Miss You Tags by clicking HERE.
I hope you enjoy making ornaments with the kiddos in your life this holiday season!
Pin for Later
Don’t want to forget this idea? Pin the image below to your Pinterest Boards to save for later.