The Magic Of Math Unit 1 for THIRD GRADE focuses on:
Week 1: Place Value to 100,000 (activities are differentiated for 3 digit, 4, digit, 5 digit, and 6 digit numbers so that it can be used for CC and TEKS
Week 2: Comparing Numbers
Week 3: Ordering Numbers and Rounding Tens
Week 4: Rounding Hundreds
Here is what is included in this month long unit for 3rd grade:
-Daily Lesson Plans for 20 days
-Aligned with the 3rd Grade Common Core and TEKS
-20 Word Problems for each day that complement the skills
-Interactive Notebook Printables
-Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
-Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
-I Can Statements
-Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Want a Closer Look? Here are some (not all!) activities included:
– Place Value Blocks and Mats
– Place Vale Discs
– Place Value Tents
– Place Value Number Sliders
– Number Puzzles
– Base Ten Count Interactive Notebook
– Place Value Toss
– Place Value Clues and Magician Wand
– Writing Numbers in Expanded, Word, and Standard Form
– Place Value Magician Hats
– Place Value Grab It
– Spin and Expand
– Place Value Stomp
– My Magical Number Place Vale Magician Hat/Rabbit Craft
– I Have Who Has
– Place Value Houses
– Using a Number Line to Compare Numbers
– Ordering Numbers from Least to Greatest and Greatest to Least
– Roll and Compare
– Generating Numbers and Comparing
– Comparing War
– Comparing Numbers TWISTER
– Turn Over and Compare
– Tasty Comparisons with M&Ms
– Number Knowledge Assessment
– Interactive Number Line for Comparing Numbers
– Number Order: In the Bag
– Number Order: Popcorn Numbers
– Using a Number Line to Round
– Rounding Anchor Chart
– Rodeo Round Up: Rounding Sliders
– Rounding Numbers: Corralling Pigs
– Roll It! Round it! Corral It!
– Toss and Estimate Sums
– Bubblegum Rounding
– Burst My Bubble: Roll It! Round it!
– Basketball Shoot it! Round it!
– Tournament of the Sums: Rounding and Estimating Sums
– Road to Rounding: Pit Stop Rounding Stations
– Roll and Round
– Rounding Assessments
What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problem, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries for four weeks at a time. If you don’t have time for it all, that’s okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out all 3rd Grade Math Units Below:
3rd Grade Magic of Math: THE BUNDLE HERE
Unit One: Place Value HERE
Unit Two: Addition and Subtraction HERE
Unit Three: Multiplication HERE
Unit Four: Division HERE
Unit Five: Fractions HERE
Unit Six: Geometry, Perimeter, and Area HERE
Unit Seven: Time, Capacity, and Mass/Weight HERE
Unit Eight: Data Analysis HERE
Unit Nine: Multiplication and Division HERE
Unit Ten: Money and Personal Financial Literacy HERE