This Reading Toolkit BUNDLE provides digital and printable resources for comprehension skills. Think of this as a Reading Comprehension Toolkit. These are activities that are NOT book specific or grade specific. Here are some of the things you’ll find in our Reading Comprehension Toolkits:
- Video mini-lessons of Katie and Amy teaching the skill
- Digital and Printable reading response activities
- Digital and Printable interactive anchor charts
- Digital Interactive activities to practice the skill
- Digital and Printable comprehension activities
- Reading Passages that correlate with each skill (3 levels)
- Directed Drawings that correlate with each skill
- Chants (with videos) to reinforce the comprehension skill
- Digital and Printable Exit Tickets
- Focus Posters
- Comprehension Bookmarks
- AND MORE!
This teaching resource is NOT a set of lesson plans. This is a set of activities that can be used when you are focusing on a specific skill. They can be used throughout a unit of study OR they can be used throughout the year as you are reading books in class. We wanted to give you EVERYTHING you could ever need for a comprehension skill.
The digital activities come in three formats:
1. PowerPoints are found in the zip file.
2. Google Slide Links are found throughout the PDF.
3. Seesaw Links are found throughout the PDF.
For Google Slides and Seesaw, you simply click and save/assign to your class.
Predictions and Synthesizing Toolkit
Settings and Illustrations
Questioning While Reading
Summarizing the Text
Nonfiction Text Features
Theme and Lesson