Also included in:
Rooted in Reading: Special Editions BUNDLE
Dasher by Matt Tavares is a wonderful story for the Christmas season. It is a beautiful story about how Santa got his reindeer! We also pair with this a nonfiction reader for reindeer and bison. This unit encompasses everything you need for a week of Reading instruction (Comprehension, Nonfiction Connection, and Vocabulary). Check out the preview to see the different activities we have included.
The best part?! This teaching resource is DIGITAL and PRINTABLE! That means it can be used in a traditional classroom or for distance learning. All of the activities are provided in a printable PDF or digitally in Seesaw, Google Slides, and PowerPoint. We even include teaching lesson videos within the unit for your students!
Here’s what is included:
PLEASE NOTE: *Dasher by Matt Tavares needs to be purchased for this unit OR you can use the read aloud video we include in the unit.
*Skills: Problem and Solution, Comparing and Contrasting
– 5 Days of Lesson Plans for Reading and Vocabulary
– Teaching Videos: Problem and Solution, Comparing and Contrasting, Dasher Read Aloud, Vocabulary
– Picture Examples of all Activities
– Reading Comprehension Question Stems
– Digital Posters for: Problem and Solution, Problem and Solution with Character Traits, Comparing and Contrasting
– Problem and Solution Match
– Problem and Solution Anchor Chart (digital and printable)
– Problem Solved? Printable
– Compare and Contrast Characters Venn Diagram
– Compare and Contrast Characters Venn Diagram Flapbook
– Fiction Passage
– Nonfiction Passage
– Comprehension Check for the story
– Bison Directed Drawing and Writing Pages
– Nonfiction Reader: Bison Basics
– Nonfiction Reader: The Reindeer Reader
– Anchor Chart for comparing and contrasting animals
– Reading Response Craft: Dasher
– Vocabulary Picture Cards
– Vocabulary Prompts
– Vocabulary Match It!
– Vocabulary Words in Sentences
– Vocabulary Assessment: Match word to picture
Please Note: This Digital and Printable Rooted in Reading resource does not include grammar or the daily deep dive like our typical units. For this digital resource we focused on Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Nonfiction Connection
Power Point Users: There are 16 files that you can simply open up and use… or add them to your Google Account/Platform of choice
SEESAW Users: These activities are preloaded. With just a click (that is provided) you can save and assign the activities
GOOGLE Users: You can download the files directed to your Google account with just the click of a button! Or you can manually add the PowerPoints if you prefer that!
There are no reviews yet.