Your students will LOVE making these Valentine gift sacks. Combine their love of reading with the perfect Valentine’s Day card holder. Students make a heart friend to glue to their sack. Then, they retell the story with the graphic organizer that is provided. Now you have your valentine card holders all ready to go for your classroom party! Plus, you paired it with a reading skill. I’d call that a win-win!
Here’s what is included:
- Heart Friend Templates: Big heart for face, eyes, arms, legs, heart hands and feet
- Story Retell Graphic Organizer: There are four options. Each option comes with 3 different writing line styles.
- Fiction Story Retell Graphic Organizer: Retell the story with the BME (Beginning, Middle, and End)
- Fiction Story Retell Graphic Organizer: Summarizing Graphic Organizer (Somebody, Wanted, But, So, Then)
- Students write character traits with the Fiction Heart Friend
- Nonfiction Story Graphic Organizer: Identify the Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Nonfiction Story Graphic Organizer: Identify facts from the story
- Students write facts on the Nonfiction Heart Friend
Students glue the heart friend to the front of the gift sack. Students glue the story retell to the back of the gift sack. The gift sack shown in pictures is: 10 inches tall and 8 inches wide.
(This gift sack is also found in the Digital and Printable Valentine’s Day Activity Pack. If you already own that resource, you do NOT need to purchase this separately)
For more Valentine’s Day Activities, look below:
1. Digital and Printable Valentine’s Day Activity Pack
2.Valentine’s Day Centers
3. February Math Stations
4. Solve to Create a Love-Bug
5. Digital Solve to Create a Love-Bot
6. February Directed Drawings
7. Tasty Traits (Heart Pizza)
8. Zombie Math
9. Robot in Love
10. Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch